Friday, 24 October 2014

Well, it has been a long time, hasn't it?

I promise I haven't been slacking. Here's a little taster.



I learned how to make a basket with my mama in Vilanova!



Despite the ridiculous September weather we had an amazing 3 days doing a course called Weaving by the Sea. The tutors, Mai Hvid Jorgensen, Monica Guilera and Tim Johnson, were fantastic. Our tutor was Mai, from Denmark, was very clear and patient with us as we were the only complete beginners. Some participants had been making baskets for as long as 20 years. It was a very diverse group with some people travelling from as far away as Australia and the USA to do the course. We had a mainly Scandinavian group.

All the materials looked the same to us on day one and we had absolutely no idea what we were doing! We learned so much and came away with baskets and tons of ideas. 

I think I might be addicted to basket making and I have to say I'd love to visit Denmark sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment