Friday, 27 September 2013

Madrid was fantastic and reminded me of Brooklyn trips to see Michelle years ago. We stayed in a tiny apartment near Tribunal metro. Loads of bars, cafes, interesting shops and galleries. Oh and the amazing botanic gardens and a fabulous day trip to Toledo too.

I forgot to take my camera (strange) so I took a few photos on my phone and did several sketches. 



 Lots of exhibition change overs so I didn't spend too much time inside. I sat on the grass outside the Prado (above) and enjoyed listening to the guitarist and watching all the tourists. Thinking how lucky I am to be able to jump on a train at least once a year to this amazing city.



I revisited one of my absolute favourite places the Sorolla Museum. His paintings are wonderful, I love the fashions of that era, how he shows light especially on fabric and his compositions.

This is a little sketch I did whilst sitting in the wonderful garden. It was peaceful, hot and dry.

Working in education means that at this time of year I always buy some new stationary and take stock. I make some lists and think about what I want to do in the 'new' year. Whilst in Madrid I reread The Seven Laws of Spiritual Success by Deepak Chopra which gave me plenty to think about. 


2 comments: